Wednesday 12 March 2014

Apostrophes

Explain the task of teaching apostrophes yesterday... 
Yesterday we did some work on apostrophes. Miss C split half the class into two groups, group one were teachers and group two were students. She put us in these groups based on our GAP analysis test. I was a teacher and my students were Hannah and Storm and I showed them to use apostrophes correctly.

What went well?
I think that Storm and Hannah worked really hard and that I was explaining things clearly and slowly.

What didn't go well? 
I don't think we had enough time to get through the contractions.

What were one or two things you realised?
I realised that it helped to write the sentence down on a white board and explaining where to put the apostrophe on the white board instead of explaining it on the work sheet.

Fine 5 online practise links for apostrophes that would be useful for your student. 
Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 Link 5



No comments:

Post a Comment